Preparations for my Baby's First Birthday Party

Being a new mother, this does'nt sound easy, preparing my Baby's First Birthday. There are many considerations to think about. One and most importantly is our financial capabilities to organize this event. Since this is my first time to do this, i asked my husband, parents and co-workers to help me. We planned to do this in our home; to invite more friends and families, cut additional cost of venue, and for my baby to feel secured and happy in a familiar sorroundings.

At first i have a schedule of the things that should be done a month before her birthday, but was disrupted by the holiday season rush. i just started preparing again by the 2nd week of January.

First is the invitation, my husband did a draf. It is not easy because he's in Manila and he wants a super girl theme and there's no disney movie that features it. He eventually finish it with lots of revisions and discussions....



My assignment is finding the cake, i have to ask six different bakeshops locally to find the right theme and right price. I finally decided to order photo cake because of the theme. Here is the picture that will appear on the cake.



Our head cashier, Ma'am Majet accompanied me to buy goodies for the loot bag in the market. We just walk to hilltop to look for nice and affordable things for the children. We enjoyed it because of the cheap and fun things we found.

I asked my co-worker, jenny and our student assistants in the office to help me in executing parlor games for the children.

The food will be ordered and cooked by family relatives and friends.

Preparing for a birthday celebration is much fun if we have friends and families to do and share with.

I just hope that this event will be successful and I hope my baby will enjoy herself and her visitors....

If you want to share something similar experience like this, feel free to comment.